[nabs-l] Braille Without Borders

Paul Kronenberg BrailleWB at gmx.net
Mon Mar 23 15:48:44 UTC 2009

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

The International Institute for Social Entrepreneurs is a
not-for-profit educational training center for blind and partially
sighted adults who have a desire to foster social change in their
communities and throughout the world. Located in Kerala, India, this
eleven-month training course founded by Braille Without Borders
offers full scholarships and transport to qualified, motivated
candidates.  The course covers business management, communication,
project and financial planning, open source computer technology,
English, public speaking, and fund-raising, among other subjects.

The institute is now accepting applications for the course beginning
January, 2010.  In order to ensure that we reach as wide a pool of
potential candidates as possible, we ask for your assistance in
disseminating the information below to appropriate individuals and
pertinent organizations. Thank you for your help!

Attention! Attention!

Do you experience social discrimination?
Is it your dream to change and improve the situation?
If yes, the International Institute for Social Entrepreneurs (IISE)
is the right place to be. The IISE seeks to empower people,
especially blind and partially sighted, to become social
entrepreneurs in your communities.
Candidates from all over the world who are at least eighteen and
older and who can read and write English are invited to apply for
this one-year program before the 30th of June.
Computer literacy training, public speaking, fund raising, and
management are some of the courses offered here.
For more information please visit our website at
<http://www.bwb-iise.org/>http://www.bwb-iise.org/<?xml:namespace
prefix = o />
You can also write to BrailleWB at gmx.net or per regular post to:

Braille Without Borders
International Institute for Social Entrepreneurs
c/o P. Kronenberg
Vivekanenda Nagar, Vellayani, Ookode, Nemom PO, TRV 695020
KERALA, INDIA
or fax your questions to: Fax 0031848307904

More languages of the above text can be found on our
<http://www.braillewithoutborders.org/ENGLISH/conceptkerala.html>website

Please find below the application form for the 2010 course. If you
feel like you are the right one for this training, please copy the
questions in a Word or Open Office document, answer them by yourself
with the English knowledge you have and send it together with your CV
to <mailto:BrailleWB at gmx.net>BrailleWB at gmx.net.  Add in Subject:
"application" and your full name.

APPLICATION FORM: 2010 IISE COURSE:
Name
First
Surname
Date of birth
Address
Post code
City/town
Country
Tel
Fax
Email
Gender
Gradation of blindness
Language skills
Education

Please send two letters of recommendation, pererably from a present
or former employer, teacher or colleague which include their contact details.

1. Please tell us your reason(s) for applying for the IISE Course in Kerala
     in no more than 100words.
2. Please tell us more about your rough idea or vision on setting up your
     own social project or improvingexisting ones? What is your motivation?
3. Where do you plan to set up your project?
4. What target group will benefit?
5. Why do you believe your idea is important? Please give your reasons.
6. How will you achieve your vision?
7. What help will you need?
     - what people can help, what resources do you try to find, where would you
       find funding
8.   How long do you think it will take to set up your idea/vision?
9.   What is your current profession?
10. Braille and language skills: Do you read, write and speak?
        what languages: Local Braille, English grade 1, English grade
2, other languages. Black
        print, regular print, large print.
11. How do you judge your mobility and orientation skills?
12. Do you use computertechnology? If yes, what are your skills? What
programmes do you use?

We are looking forward to hearing from you.
With best regards,

Sabriye Tenberken and Paul Kronenberg
Founders
Braille Without Borders