[nabs-l] Please Invite Your Facebook Friends To Authors Guild NYC Protest Tue Apr 7

Mika Pyyhkala pyyhkala at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 14:26:28 UTC 2009

Hi,

Please go on to the Facebook site, and invite your friends to join us
for the Authors Guild protest on Tuesday April 7.

The basic steps to do this are as follows:

1.  First be sure you are signed in to the Facebook site;
2.  Click the link below which will take you to the NFB Authors Guild
Protest event Facebook page;
http://is.gd/p05d

3.  Enter your RSVP if you have not done so already.  I hope it will be
Attending
If for some reason you cannot access the event you can email me and I
will invite you....I have not tested this in the case of soemone
accessing the event for the first time;

4.  Press enter on or Click the link that says
Invite People to Come

5.  You are now presented with a page or pages that list all your
Facebook friends.  You click or press enter on each name to add them
to the list of invited guests.  As you add people, it will say
something like
Selected (100)
indicating that you have invited 100 people.

6.  There is an edit box where you can type a personal message that
will accompany the invitation.  I would put something in about how the
event would appeal to anyone interested in free access to books, fair
use, etc. etc.  You can also encourage people to spread the word about
the event.  I do think that this event has very broad appeal since
anyone could use the text-to-speech feature.  Also positions held by
organizations like the RIAA and Authors Guild are generally not
supported by the public and especially students.

7.  Finally click the send Invitations button.

We currently have about 228 invited guests and we would like to
greatly expand this number, as we want a minimum of 500 people on the
street in NYC on Tuesday April 7th!

We should be able to get this initial invited guests number in the
thousands if we all complete the above steps.

Best,
Mika
http://twitter.com/pyyhkala