[nabs-l] CCTV question

Jim Reed jim275_2 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 31 21:33:10 UTC 2009

Hey all,
I have a Merlin CCTV, I used to use the "color" mode, but have recently switched mainly to "enhanced-positive" (brighter white, blacker black) or "color select 3" (yellow on black background). The problem is, my highlighter barely (if at all) shows up. All the highlighter does on those modes (and all the other modes other than color or black and white (which don't work for me)) is make the text a slightly brighter shade of whatever color is being displayed. I am also color blind and cant see slight changes in color shade/brightness. I have tried using different highlighter colors and I have tried turning off the CCTV light, and nothing works. The only thing that has given me any success has been using my hand to partially cover a CCTV light, thus casting a shadow over the page which then (sometimes and to various degrees) allows the CCTV to recognize and display the highlighter. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Jim

"Ability is of little account without opportunity."

          -Napoleon Bonaparte