[nabs-l] attention span and concentration

Mary Fernandez trillian551 at gmail.com
Fri May 1 02:53:10 UTC 2009

Gosh, I go to Emory University. AKA, The Harvard of the South, and
everyone in this place has that problem. I procrastinate like there's
no tomorrow. Well, like there's a tomorrow in which I can get all my
work done. I joke with my friends that our moto should be, why do
today what you can do tomorrow? And this is a universal problem with
college students, everyone i know procrastinates. Sometimes, it just
takes discipline. What is it that distracts you? If it is like
facebook, then just log off the internet. Physically unplug your
ethernet cable, or disconnect from your wireless network. Sometimes
you just have to be really firm with yourself, and say, this needs to
get done right now. But it is really difficult. I'm not sure what
helps, since for me, sometimes I just have to do things, and not stop
until I finish because I know if I do, I will not get to it right
away.
Mary

--
Mary Fernandez