[nabs-l] Braille e-Book CONCEPT

Rob Lambert rmlambert1987 at yahoo.com
Fri May 1 06:18:39 UTC 2009

Note that this is only a CONCEPT! This article tells nothing about availability, price, or even if it will exist on the production line. To sum it up, it's like a Braille version of the Amazon Kindle. You don't even need a Braille display to use it. Just like the Amazon Kindle uses a refreshable paper technology for it's print to reduce the battery life and make reading more natural for sighted people, so to does this use a technology to achieve a similar effect in Braille. The link is below a blank line. I do this to separate the text from the web page to avoid a possibility of run-on speech with some synthesizers. Enjoy. A side note: If we want hard copy Braille in the twenty first century, and don't want to bother with expensive embossers or Braille displays for things like textbooks, I'd say this is the way to do it. I think we should push for this to go into production.

Link: http://www.yankodesign.com/2009/04/17/braille-e-book/