[nabs-l] going to graduation

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Tue May 5 21:30:11 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I'm so glad to be graduating!  When you went to your school's commensement ceremony did you have a guide?  Did you walk single file to the stage like everyone else?  I've used a cane since childhood with my limited vision.  But haven't walked in line much.  I hope I don't slow down the crowd.  Graduation processions go slowly so it likely won't be an issue.  I will have a guide on stage.  Its unfamiliar and I don't have time to practice ahead of time.  The ceremony is not at my college.  So a guide will make it easier.

What did you all do?

Ashley