[nabs-l] High school outreach

Jim Reed jim275_2 at yahoo.com
Tue May 12 03:03:57 UTC 2009

I'm wondering what, if any stratagies people have tried to use in reaching out to blind high school students.

Also, I was wondering if the NABS has ever considered starting a program where blind college students can show blind high schoolers around campus.

In other words, if a blind high school student wanted to take a trip to check out a potential college, then a blind college student could show them around (assuming there is a blind student at the school in question). Maybe there would even be a way to get the blind student guides paid through such a program, as the program would ultimatly be helping the college recruiters.

Thoughts?
Jim

Homer Simpson's brain: "Use reverse psychology."
 Homer: "Oh, that sounds too complicated."
 Homer's brain: "Okay, don't use reverse psychology."
 Homer: "Okay, I will!"