[nabs-l] A Student Division idea

Jim Reed jim275_2 at yahoo.com
Tue May 12 07:32:35 UTC 2009

State Student Division Presidents,

What schools in your state have the largest blind populations? Have you considered lending your talents and efforts towards starting blind student organizations at those schools? I just made such an offer to the blind students at The Univeristy of Montana.

At all the schools I've been to, I've always paid a "student activities" fee. That fee gets paid to the student government, then divided up amongst all the student organizations on campus. As an organized and official blind student organization, those students could be entitled to receive money from their respecitive student governments. This could allow the NABS to use limited resources more efficiently and effectivly. I believe it would also increase motivation at the local levels. At schools where this idea is feasable, I see no reason to not pursue the idea.

As I wade into this process, I'd love some company. Who will start this journey with me?

Thoughts?
Jim

Homer Simpson's brain: "Use reverse psychology."
 Homer: "Oh, that sounds too complicated."
 Homer's brain: "Okay, don't use reverse psychology."
 Homer: "Okay, I will!"