[nabs-l] Blind training and its affect on a career

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Thu May 14 01:17:29 UTC 2009

As long as you go to a good program, I think most of us who have been
would agree that there will be benefits to you for your whole
life.  If you can convince rehab to pay for it, then go for it.

I don't think an employer would necessarily be required to hold your
job etc. for 6 or 9 months, although I could be wrong.  They are
required to make "reasonable accommodations."  They would probably
offer FLSA leave, and that holds your status, but is unpaid.

Dave