[nabs-l] graduation

Kristina Constant kconstan at student.umass.edu
Sun May 17 16:44:56 UTC 2009

I am graduating from the University of Massachusetts Amherst next weekend with my bachelors in sociology and a minor in education and will take the last class in the fall.  UMass does not have a ceremony for those who finish in between the yearly graduation so I was told I could walk this may.  Also UMass does not give students their diplomas at graduation because they graduate thousands of students at once.  Every student's diploma is mailed to them after graduation.  I am graduating with honors from the department of sociology and was inducted into alphakappadelta national honor society for sociology majors.  It has taken me eight years to get this degree but that has been because of medical issues I had related to Laurence moon bardet biedl syndrome the most severe being on dialysis and getting a kidney transplant.  I am hoping to get a job and help others with disabilities learn that they can achieve anything they want if they put one foot in front of the other and stay determined to achieve their goals.  Kristina Constant