[nabs-l] just want to introduce myself to the list

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Mon May 18 16:12:30 UTC 2009

Hi Jon,

You introduced yourself a while ago.  Based on responses I read, we remember
you.  You really should join in the conversation so we know your thoughts
and opinions.  You were on other lists I'm on and only introduced yourself.
If you want to be included and talk join the other discussion threads.
If you want to interact with people and make life long friends, get active
in your community.  Internet is so impersonal.  If you are as laid back and
have as many interests as you say, then it should be easy to find a venue
for your social needs.

Join a church group, do community service, since you're trying to lose
weight join a gym and workout with others, if you have musical talent join a
choir or band, perform in a community play, or do volunteer work where you
can talk with other people.  We are glad to have you here, but I sense
you're lonely and take lack of internet responses too personally.  I fear
you will be disappointed again.  Most of use are busy individuals and cannot
respond to every intro message or every thread.
"I unsubscribed after a while because I felt a bit let down by the lack of
You shouldn't take this personally because its the internet and we don't
know you.  Its not like you called or emailed a former friend who ignored
you.
That said I hope you find some social interaction in your life and include
yourself in these lists.

I'll reintroduce myself while I'm writing.  It will benefit other newbys.  I
am Ashley and I grew up in Va in a middle class family with both parents and
older brothers.
I'm single as well and am a young adult in my 20s.

I just graduated from Marymount University with a BA degree in the college
of arts and sciences.  My studies were combined into social science and
communication.  I wanted to major in psychology but did not feel I could
pass statistics.  One math class was hard enough and I even had a tutor for
it!  So wanting a degree badly I had a combined major and took classes where
I'd be successful.
I am five feet, have black hair and brown eyes, and am overweight.  I also
am trying to increase exercise on a treadmill and other cardio equipment to
lose weight and get better health.

My interests are varied too.  I enjoy all kinds of music, reading, talking
on the phone, Christian activities, going out to dinner, politics,
volunteering, and working out.
I don't have many friends but when I can go out with friends or family, I
like
to do several activities related to enjoyment and learning about culture and
history.

Some things I like are bowling, nature walks, playing in the swimming pool,
card games especially UNO, taking walking or bus tours and getting ice
cream.  One brother lives near Boston and he is a golf pro.  Walking and bus
tours are pretty descriptive telling you about the sites history and
landmarks significance as you pass them and family also described some.  I
enjoyed my tour of Boston and recommend it if you haven't taken one.
I also went to the Witch museum in Salem.
So that's some about me.

Have a good day.

Ashley