[nabs-l] Ending the NFB/ACB feud

Angela fowler fowlers at syix.com
Mon May 18 23:06:09 UTC 2009

Ashley, I think to say that folks are naive and unaware of the history
between NFB and ACB is a hasty unfounded remark which fails to take into
account two things.
	First, you said yourself that rank and file members of these
organizations often have good cordial relationships. The project which is
being discussed is a grass-roots project which at this point has nothing to
do with the leadership of either organization.
	Second, no one here has failed to acknowledge the history. Aziza,
Jim and the other proponents of this project are just as well aware of it as
you and I are. What they are saying is that younger members of the NFB and
ACB were not around for the bitterest battles in the '60's and '70's, and
may be able to be brought together.
	Let's discuss the proposal on the bases of merit, and keep our hasty
judgments about people's since of realism or knowledge of the organizations'
history out of it!
With respect
Angela