[nabs-l] Oregon school audit

T. Joseph Carter carter.tjoseph at gmail.com
Tue May 19 18:40:50 UTC 2009

Jim,

Two issues.  School for the Blind is being closed.  Next is the
Commission for the Blind.  The audit shows that mismanagement
happened.  (The Oregon ACB have vilified the NFB for admitting this
in its press release.)  These problems need to be addressed, but not
not by closing the agency and folding it into a larger, even less
accountable bureaucracy providing everything from Medicaid to
Children's Protective Services to Vocational Rehabilitation.

Joseph