[nabs-l] Introduction and some thoughts

Marty James blindamp at q.com
Wed May 20 08:14:18 UTC 2009

I am new here and fairly new to the NFB. I joined the local chapter in
Southeastern Iowa and have jumped in with both feet (well, one foot
actually, I am an amputee). I have to say that while I am glad to be an NFB
member, they do have some things that I would not vote yes for. We have that
in anything we do as large groups. There seems to be alot of anger on this
list and I am on here for student information.

That being said, I am going back to school this fall after not stepping into
a classroom for 26 years and I am in need of financial help, does anyone
have any information on grants for the blind, old , part-time student?

I am also very very afraid of math, earlier someone said that they did math
in Excel, where did you learn to do college math in excel? Could you direct
me in the right direction for math help?

About me, I am a 44-year-old married in a little town in Southeast Iowa. I
am married to melody, who is a special education teacher in the area. I am
training with a power chair, trying to get proficient enough to get a guide
dog to assist me as I travel. I am starting a new business as I write this,
in fact, Peter from this list will be doing my website as soon as some of
the money comes in. Right now I have just an informational website at
www.theblindbean.com

Well, that is me, if you have any questions, you can write me offline at
blindamp at q.com

Marty