[nabs-l] ACB/NFB

Angela fowler fowlers at syix.com
Fri May 22 03:16:51 UTC 2009

I was one who proposed that the folks who want to put on NFB/ACB joint
projects fund them independently. My reasons for this are sound I think, but
have nothing to do with lack of support.
	First, Jim, you've seen the traffic on the list. If you proposed an
initiative to the NABS membership that they fund a joint venture with a
group that many of them have hard feelings for, will it pass? I don't know,
but I think it is in doubt.
	Second, I was once again thinking of California when I made the
comment. We have a tight budget and a lot of things we would like to do.
When you are talking about funds, I think, you have to be a bit of a
hard-ass, and that's the position I'm taking. If folks in CABS proposed a
joint convention between CABS and the ACB student division in California,
I'd support it, I'd help them find sources of funding, but I'd be against
CABS funding it. Maybe CABS and this project could do a joint fund raiser, I
wouldn't be against that, but I would be against using CABS money for it
when there are so many other things we should be doing. I hope that I have
answered your question, and soothed your disappointment Jim.
Angela