[nabs-l] Recording the employment seminar

Jim Reed jim275_2 at yahoo.com
Fri May 22 18:04:01 UTC 2009

Peter,

Towards the begining of May, I talked to Buna, the Chair of the Employment Committe, and she told me she was OK with recording the employment seminar, provided Mrs. Jernigian was also OK with the idea, and Mrs. Jernigian was OK with it.. So, now I find out that not only was I decieved by NABS leadership, I was also lied to by the Chair of the Employment Committee. I guess an idea is only good and viable if it is suggested by someone with power within the organization. Fine. I will shut up and keep my ideas to myself.

 My guess is that all these people counted on me doing the standard student thing, all talk and no action. My guess is, they "suppoprted" this idea to simply avoid looking like the jerk who said "no". My guess us they never really expected the idea to go anywhere, then, when the idea nearly became reality, their only option left was to lie.

And then people wonder why talking-the-talk rarely leads to walking-the-walk.

Jim

Hello Jim and listers,

>    At the end of the day the Employment Committee Chairperson decided that
> it was best not to record this year's employment workshop. She had no
> objection to this being done, but felt that it would be better to hold off
> and make better plans to do this next year. As the NFB Living  History
> Group
> gets up and running in a big way we expect to be recording more convention
> break-out events. Perhaps a better goal is to ensure that this year's NABS
> meeting is recorded for posting on the division Web Site. Your efforts
> weren't in vein. We feel that it's best to hold off with this one and make
> better plans to do it in the future.
>
> Peter Donahue

Homer Simpson's brain: "Use reverse psychology."
 Homer: "Oh, that sounds too complicated."
 Homer's brain: "Okay, don't use reverse psychology."
 Homer: "Okay, I will!"