[nabs-l] Funding rural-state student divisions

sarah baebler wolvessarah at hotmail.com
Sun May 24 19:58:54 UTC 2009

Jim,
I read the majority of you email but I am SUPER busy with our student seminar/rock climbing event coming up.  I do not agree with you,  Wisconsin if rural too.  We are spread all over the place.  I think that 30 is a good number and remember that more than totally blind students can participate and they are not normally counted as being blind or asked to be a part of nfb.  Wi is very rural.  If I wanted to go from the south to the north it would take me 13 hours on greyhound. We are a strong division that is spread out and we do fine with fundraisers you just have to find the oppurtunity and communicate, and most importantly devote effort to the group.  I do not think NABS should be responsible for supporting us finacially, I think that if you are struggling that NABS should have someone get involved with your group and help them grow and strengthen.
Sarah B