[nabs-l] Recording NABS meeting

T. Joseph Carter carter.tjoseph at gmail.com
Mon May 25 14:40:10 UTC 2009

Peter,

I've seen what passes for art produced by at least one totally blind
photographer.  It was indistinguishable from the type of work of a
couple of other art photographers whose work was offered as a
comparison.  Not a one had anything in focus or well-framed.  I mean,
I take far better pictures than that!  Of course, that's why I'm not
considered an "artist", I guess.  *grin*

That said, I know a couple of other blind photographers whose work
comes out pretty nicely, and I must use alternative techniques myself
when doing anything with a camera outside on a sunny day since in
that condition I literally have no vision either.  About 2/3 of my
shots look something like I intended--though I sometimes need to
tweak the color histogram to get the colors to look like they should
since I have to depend on a lot of automatic settings.

Joseph