[nabs-l] For Job Seekers in the DC Area

Joe Orozco jsorozco at gmail.com
Tue May 26 19:07:50 UTC 2009

Subject: Career Events (including job fairs)

Career Events

May 28

STEM Diversity Career Expo
Meet face-to-face with recruiters from large companies and government
agencies looking to recruit new diverse talent in the science, technology,
engineering and mathematics (STEM) fields, both entry-level and
professional. This event is geared toward college students, recent college
graduates and professionals who are members of minority groups, women and/or
people with disabilities looking for opportunities in the STEM fields.
Sponsor: Equal Opportunity Publications
When: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Where: Marriott Wardman Park Hotel, 2660 Woodley Rd. NW, Hall C, The Lincoln
Room, Washington
Contact Info: 631-421-9421 or info at eop.com
Cost: Free
Web site: http://www.eop.com/stemregistration.html

May 30

Teacher Recruitment Fair
Community Academy Public Charter School Teacher Recruitment Fair Saturday,
May 30, 2009 10:00am ? 2:00pm Amos 1 Campus, 1300 Allison Street, NW
Washington, DC 20011 C O M E P R E P A R E D ! - Please bring copies of your
Resume ? and be ready to interview on the spot! - Applications for the
following positions: Academy Leaders, Teachers, Paraprofessionals,
Substitute Teachers, will be accepted. - Make sure to bring copies of your
transcripts, praxis scores, credentials, certificates, letters of
recommendation, etc. If you plan to attend, please contact Anitra Tisdale to
register at 202-545-1263 or anitratisdale at capcs.org
Sponsor: null
When: 10am-2pm
Where: Amos 1 Campus, 1300 Allison Street, NW Washington, DC 20011
Contact Info: please contact Anitra Tisdale to register at 202-545-1263 or
anitratisdale at capcs.org
Cost: null
Web site: http://www.capcs.org

Affordable Seminars for Job Seekers
Learn how to create targeted resumes and ace your job interviews. Workshops
will be held June 2-4 and June 9-11.
Sponsor: Leap Group Inc.
When: 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., 2 to 5 p.m.
Where: 8201 Greensboro Drive, Suite 717, McLean
Contact Info: info at leapgroupinc.com
Cost: Register online, $35 per three-hour seminar
Web site: http://www.leapgroupinc.com

Quadramed Event

Re: http://www.quadramed.com/careers/openhouse.cfm