[nabs-l] Advocacy efforts

Arielle Silverman arielle71 at gmail.com
Fri May 29 18:02:45 UTC 2009

Hi Jim and all,

I know this is an old thread, but I just wanted to thank Jim for
asking this question, and to say I'd also be interested to know what
other state student divisions have been doing on the advocacy front.
As part of the NFB I definitely feel that every state student division
and NABS should make collective advocacy a priority.

In particular, I'd be interested to hear from anyone who assisted in
getting state-level accessible textbook legislation passed. What role
did you/your student division play in this process?

Have student divisions tackled on-campus issues such as inadequate
accessibility or custodial DSS policies? Have you been successful?

Arielle