[nabs-l] Charlie Wilks- blind football player. (asfeatured onESPN360)

David Dunphy djdrocks4ever at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 07:27:12 UTC 2009

I guess I'm just put off by this whole perception of how amazing we are in
the eyes of others when it comes out that we can do something. A guy who can
see finds out a blind person plays football, and that person is a super hero
who should have a hole story done on him. To me, he is just an everyday
person that found a way to play football that I don't think he'll get far
with based on what I heard in the article. Sighted people find ways and
solutions to problems of how they're going to accomplish something all the
time, and a second thought is not even given to it. We do it, and we're
amazing. And the fact that he made such a big deal out of something like
this, by this I mean mingling with his peers, whether it was by playing a
sport or what ever, suggests that the writer thought that was incredible
that a blind person can do that. As Harry put it, that to me shows a bias
there on the part of the writer or a misconception about us. People mingle
with their peers and find ways to have fun everyday. I personally thought
the whole thing was corny.

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4598 (20091112) __________

http://www.eset.com