[nabs-l] Spanish translation

V Nork ginisd at sbcglobal.net
Sat Nov 14 04:00:17 UTC 2009

Dear Harry, Thanks for your illuminating answer  to my earlier question re
spanish translation programs.  My spanish needs to be refurbished, and I
wanted to ask you if you could recommend some Spanish phrasebooks for me as
a  good starting point.  In print, there are great  sounding phrase books I
have seen like "just Enough Spanish" and "Street Spanish",  "Spanish for
housewives" and on and on.  When I went to find some phrasebooks  I could
use as a visually impaired person , I seemed to have little luck.  My idea
in getting some phrasebooks is that the verbs are already conjugated in a
constructed phrase, and the grammar and syntax can be modeled, so it is a
good memory jogger.  Living in Southern California, I find my vocabulary for
nouns and adjectives is still not bad, it is just the grammar I want to work
on.  So if you know of any Spanish phrasebooks that are accessible, I would
be very pleased.   I think I am  an intermediate to advanced level right now
in Spanish. Take care, Ginnie