[nabs-l] internet radio

Arielle Silverman nabs.president at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 03:56:12 UTC 2009

Hi Cindy and  all,

My sighted boyfriend really likes Pandora and convinced me to try it.
I was unable to create an account using JAWS, so he helped me set one
up. After I was still unable to navigate within my account, I
contacted Pandora tech support and they told me to go to
www.pandora.com/backstage
and search for music/build stations there. This is the HTML version of
Pandora so the search buttons are accessible. The tech people also
sent me a link to my personal page so once I create stations using
Backstage, I can select a station from my personal page using normal
Web navigation commands. I have been using Pandora successfully using
this workaround, although I still can't manipulate the radio tuner
once I've selected a station (I can't get into the Flash element to
skip songs, thumbs-up/thumbs-down songs or adjust the volume) and the
Pandora techies are out of ideas for that. Anyway, I'm not sure if you
can set up an account without sighted assistance, but you should be
able to get an account and page set up for you by contacting Pandora
tech support or get sighted help to set up your account and then
contact tech support to get the link to your personal page. The tech
guys also said they are working on these accessibility issues, so if
enough people bug them about it we might see some improvements.

Arielle

--
Arielle Silverman
President, National Association of Blind Students
nabs.president at gmail.com
Website:
www.nabslink.org