[nabs-l] I'm Employed!

Sarah Jevnikar sarah.jevnikar at utoronto.ca
Sat Nov 21 03:07:02 UTC 2009

YAY! Congratulations!!!!

-----Original Message-----
From: nabs-l-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:nabs-l-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf
Of Harry Hogue
Sent: Friday, November 20, 2009 9:06 PM
To: nabs-l at nfbnet.org
Subject: [nabs-l] I'm Employed!

Hello everyone,

I am very pleased to tell you that I have found a job.  I have been looking
for some time for a job either teaching English as a second language (ESL)
or Spanish in some copassity.  I have been offered, and have accepted, a
position as an adjunct instructor of Spanish at my local university.  It is
not a full-time position, and someone familiar with SSI can tell me how it
will affect my benefits, if they would.  They are taking out a third of my
compelte payment for food and shelter, and the way they explaiend it made it
sound like they would be taking the majority of the payment, which simply
doesn't sound right.  Regardless of all that, I will be teaching one online
class and one class on campus, maintaining office hours, etc.

Have a great night!

Harry