[nabs-l] Marching Band

David Bouchard davidb521 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 4 22:05:11 UTC 2009

Hi. I am a senior at Starkville High School, and a trumpet player in the marching band and wind ensemble. I will be graduating in December, to attend the Louisiana Center for the Blind, after which I'll attend college. I am planning to play in a college band, and am very interested in marching, since I did not march drill in high school. I've heard of other blind musicians marching, but am not quite sure how they do it effectively when they're in formation. Are there any blind college or high school band members who would be able to give me some advice on this topic, or to recount some of their experiences as blind players in marching and/or concert band?
Thanks aa lot.
David