[nabs-l] Used Technology

Robert Jaquiss rjaquiss at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 31 20:07:09 UTC 2009

Hello:

     Sometimes, you see used technology on Ebay.com. I do suggest caution
when buying used equipment on Ebay. Some sellers have picked up stuff and
have no idea how to determine if it works. I have helped get a few used
braillers on ebay and these have worked out, but I usually have to have them
refurbished. I figure if I get a used brailler and have it refurbished for
less than $350-$400, I am doing well. I bought a used Juliet Pro 60 embosser
and had Enabling refurbish it. I was out about $1,000 when I got done, but
this was 25% of the full retail price. I do suggest that if you buy used
equipment, that you make sure that it is something that can be serviced.
Hope this helps.

Regards,

Robert Jaquiss