[nabs-l] an interesting question

Mark J. Cadigan kramc11 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 15:08:11 UTC 2009

It is both. The right to bare arms is a right guaranteed by the
constitution; this is not to be confused with a privilege. Having a weapon
in the house is a good way of keeping safe, it has saved many peoples lives.
As a political issue, it is important because it is clearly stating that
blind people have exactly the same rights as sighted people.

As a side bar, driving is a privelige. There is nothing in the constitution
that guarantees it as a right.