[nabs-l] possibility of re-organizing New York association for blind students

Philip So pcs2001 at caa.columbia.edu
Fri Sep 11 19:45:54 UTC 2009

Hi Justin, Jess, Corbb,

My name is Philip So.  I am in the New York City metro area and attend
graduate school in New York City.

Justin, getting the New York students together again is an excellent
idea.  Thanks for suggesting this.

I agree with you, Jess, that Mr. Carl Jacobson may be able to help us.
 Also, Nooria Nodrat used to organize the New York student group.
Maybe she has useful information and resources, too, such as a list of students
email addresses.  I can try to find out from her.

Thanks, Corbb, for offering your advice.  It does seem more realistic
to get the folks together in some form or fashion first, before
working on the more complicated details of establishing a formal
organization.

Do we currently have an listserv emailing list for New York students?  If not,
perhaps that may be a good starting point.  That can get the folks
together and perhaps build a core group, as Corbb suggests, and use
the help of Mr. Jacobson and Nooria.

Please share with us what you think.  Whatever we decide, I would be
glad to contribute my effort together with you guys.  I would also be
glad to get in touch with the person who moderates NFBnet's lists.

Please feel free to email me off list at pcs2001 at columbia.edu, or find
me on Facebook using the same email address.

Thanks.  Talk soon.

Best regards,

Philip So

New York City metro area