[nabs-l] New york student association

Philip So pcs2001 at caa.columbia.edu
Wed Sep 16 16:20:06 UTC 2009

I am also letting disability offices at universities know about our Yahoo group.
I am mainly focusing on New York City area since I am more familiar
with this geography.  If someone out there could take other regions
that would be great.
At the same time, we probably want to keep the process managable.
During the past 3 days, these universities have been notified and some
of their students and recent alumni have already joined:

1) Hunter College
2) Columbia University and Barnard College
3) New York University
4) New School University
5) Cornell University

Thanks.  Below is what I wrote to the universities.

Philip

Email to universities
Subject: Informal Email Discussion Group for New York Visually
Impaired and Blind Students

Dear Mr. Ms. Person ,

My name is Blah Blah.  I am a blind university student.  I am pleased
to inform you that a group of blind and visually impaired students in
New York have created an informal email discussion group.  We would
appreciate it very much if you could please inform your current
students and recent alumni who
may benefit from it.

We hope this email discussion group can serve as an informal platform
for blind and visually impaired university students in New York to
meet and support one another.

Please kindly inform your students that to subscribe to this email
group, they can send a blank email to:
newyorkassociationofblindstudents-subscribe at yahoogroups.com
A Yahoo account is not required to subscribe.

Once your students have subscribed, they can introduce themselves to
everyone and post messages by sending email to:
newyorkassociationofblindstudents at yahoogroups.com

Thank you very much.

Best regards,