[nabs-l] FW: silent signals

Kolby Garrison kolbygarrison at triad.rr.com
Wed Sep 16 19:30:32 UTC 2009

I agree with what everyone has stated on this subject thus far. Adequate
orientation and mobility training would completely eliminate the issue.
There are audible signals on my college campus, and I do not rely on them
whatsoever. There are times when I will cross when I hear others crossing
and that the traffic is in my favor, but students cross whenever they want
and the majority of the time I wait until I know that it is safe to cross by
listening. I also cannot stand it when cars honk their horns at me in an
attempt to tell me that I can go. Whenever a driver does this, I smile and
wave the car on.
Kolby