[nabs-l] FW: silent signals

Domonique Lawless dlawless86 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 20 23:08:44 UTC 2009

Darien,
	I think that you make a very good point. I’m sure that everyone on
this list has at one point said or thought that if blind people don’t
have the training then they should go out and get it. There are still
blind people all over the country that have still not heard about the
Federation. Their voc rehab services are substandard or nonexistent
and if they have ever had an O and M lesson it was probably to teach
them how to find the buttons on the telephone poles and get from point
A to point B. I think that this article should serve as a reminder to
us that our jobs as federationists are not even close to being done.
We still have more people that need to be taught Braille and to travel
independently and we still need to show the world that it is perfectly
acceptable to be blind.

Just My Thoughts,
Domonique