[nabs-l] Question about netbooks and braille note

Nimer nimerjaber1 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 04:07:32 UTC 2009

Hello,

No, the braillenote is not an alternative to the netbook. Please keep in
mind that this is my opinion, but it is not an alternative. I say this
because they are made for different purposes. Braillenotes are designed
for the blind, netbooks are designed for anyone. Netbooks are more
portable, and their functionality surpasses that of a braillenote by a
thousandfold. A braillenote however has a braille display. A netbook is
much cheaper than a braillenote, however braillenotes have a braille
keyboard. If you wish to have a blindness alternative to a netbook,
please look at the levelstar icon and docking station, as they are a
third of the price of a braillenote and are comparable to a netbook's
features. If you wish to have a braille display though, my first choice
would be a braille sense as the memory is much greater than that in a
braille note, not to mention that the braille sense has built-in
wireless and bluetooth and a user-replaceable battery.

Thanks
Nimer J