[nabs-l] Social Stuff

Jedi loneblindjedi at samobile.net
Fri Sep 25 01:10:05 UTC 2009

Mark,

I also find that many of my friends are blind. However, many of my
blind friends are struggling with their blindness more than I seem to
be. That is to say that some of them deny their blindness while others
live the stereotypes. Some of my best friends are sighted.

I haven't noticed a remarkable difference between how my sighted
friends treat me versus how my blind friends treat me. I think what
makes the difference is philosophical understanding of blindness, not
visual acuity.

Respectfully Submitted