[nabs-l] Disagreeing with mother and others

Gerardo Corripio gera1027 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 20:43:11 UTC 2010

Hi guys: I send this not to have pity but in case some of you have lived
these experiences while living at home.
Here in Mexico (especially for blind and disabled people) one lives at home
a few more years than normal, not like you guys in the US that one leaves
home upon going to college. I've completed my major and am working but have
had some problems here at home, especially with my mother and am wanting to
(apart from someday living on my own) what tips and tricks have worked for
you guys?
I'm disagreeing on certain things that I feel should be done differently
here at home. My mother wen telling her I don't agree with such and such
says that this is my home! where is the limit between her home and our home?
Where is the limit when we the kids can give oppinions? Why do mothers
always say we won't mature and that we're acting like small children? Has
this happened to you guys? and lastly is the rate of parents separating
larger when having blind kids?
thanks in advanced for any ideas and surely this topic will enrich more than
one.
Gerardo