[nabs-l] Lame question

Mary Fernandez trillian551 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 13:32:23 UTC 2010

Hey All,
I love the mascara tip!  I'm totally blind, and my mother is a hair
stylist, so she would actually yell at me if  I walked out of the
house without at least some lipstick and a little bit of blush. But
here are the musts in order to start on the right foot.
1. Like Kate  said, the first step is to go to a department store and
get the right shades of foundation and blush. If you look orange, that
means your foundation isn't the right color.
2. For actual application of foundation, I use a powder puff. The key
is really to cover your face evenly. So for example start on your
lower right cheek, right next to your mouth, and just move up slowly
and evenly. After you reach the top of that side you probablly want to
go in for a little more foundation. Make sure to shake the puff
lightly against the container so that you get any extra powder off.
And then do the  same for the other side. After your done, I would
grab a tissue and just lightly go around my face so that any uneven
spots, or clusters of powder are taken care off.
3. Blush is easy, just smile, and feel the apple of your cheek. You
don't want to go any further than that, and again, use the tissue at
the end.
4. I usually don't use mascara but Kate's idea is awesome.
5. I apply eye shadow with my fingers. So just swipe your fingers on
it like twice, and close your eye, go from the inside, the side
closest to your nose, out. Then go back and make sure it's spread
evenly by simply retracing the area twice.
6. Eye liner is a bit more challenging. But first start by tracing the
underside of your eye carefully, and gently until you memorize the
contours. Then practice with liner. This one takes practice and the
first few times have one of your sisters, or someone tell you where
you got off.
And lipstick is the easiest.

Also keep in mind that there are different options for makeup now. For
instance, you can buy foundation in a cream form, which might be
easier to apply. Lastly, if you are sisters are awesome enough to do
your makeup for you, have a girl day with them, and have them help you
improve rather than doing it for you. A lot of times, what sighted
people do when applying makeup is the same for us, except with a few
adjustments. So ask them, what do you do when the foundation is
uneven, and have them show you and voila, that is what you have to do.
Hope this helps.
mary

--
Mary Fernandez