[nabs-l] summer job

Jewel S. herekittykat2 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 19:43:50 UTC 2010

I have done a few babysitting jobs. Maybe ask your local parents'
division if anyone is looking for a summer babysitter if you are
interested in working with children. Yes, guys can babysit too! The
best nanny I ever met was a young man (about 23) whom the children
absolutely adored. The secret was that he actually played the games
they wanted to play, like I did, so he and I exchanged great tips and
tricks of the trade.

Tell the parents in the parents' division if you are interested, and
tell them that not only will they have a babysitter, but their blind
child will have a great role model to show them that blind people can
do things too! That might be a great selling point for parents of
blind children.

That's what I plan on doing, and have done for some families already.

I don't know about other jobs, as I've never worked outside of the
childcare field, but that's my thoughts on that field.

~Jewel