[nabs-l] Blind working in neuroscience?

Lindsay Yazzolino lindsay3.14 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 02:15:19 UTC 2010

Hello Everyone,

I recently received the exciting news that I will be interning at a social cognitive neuroscience lab at MIT this summer, and would love to get in touch with other blind students and professionals  who are either working or have done research in the field of neuroscience, and also those involved in the areas of cognitive science and  linguistics. If any of you are, or know of others in these fields, I would appreciate if you would write me offlist. I would love to hear about your experiences and areas of study, as well as to pick your brains  (so to speak) about some of the challenges I can expect to encounter in terms of accessibility, i.e. how much does the factor of not being able to see images of the brain serve as an obstacle to successfully conducting research? I am very excited about this internship, and look forward to hearing from others!

Thank you very much in advance for any responses. Feel free to forward this message to anyone who you believe may be interested, or to any lists for which this message would be appropriate.

Lindsay