[nabs-l] convention questions

Domonique Lawless dlawless86 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 23 15:19:32 UTC 2010

Kerri,
I am so glad that you wrote to us about this. I went to my first
convention in 2004 and it was a fantastic and invigorating experience.
It may seem daunting but you really have nothing to worry about. I
think that if you were to travel on your own or with a friend even
without better travel skills  you'll find that you'll feel more
confident about travel in general. I don't think you should worry
about getting around during convention. There will be plenty of people
around who would be more than willing to give you advice about
navigating independently. I'd definitely recommend going to an NFB
training center but I don't think that you should skip convention just
because you haven't gone to a center yet.  I wish you the best of luck
and hope that you'll e-mail the list if you have anymore questions.

Best wishes,
Domonique