[nabs-l] convention questions

Katie Wang bunnykatie6 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 23 18:26:40 UTC 2010

Hi, Kerri,
  Looks like others on the list have given you some great advice
already, but I just want to emphasize that flying independently is
really not as scary as it seems. I have never been to a NFB
convention, but I did take several independent trips to grad school
interviews last year. While I was worried at the beginning, all went
well; I got all the assistance I  needed, including making an
extremely tight connecting flight due to delays caused by winter
weather. It was such a big confidence builder, and while there is
still plenty of room for improvement in my skills to navigate
unfamiliar environments, flying on my own is not something I worry
about anymore. As Arielle said, you can't really get seriously lost at
an airport with so many helpful people around. Best of luck to you,
and I hope you will book your flight to Convention!
   Katie