[nabs-l] Single Room: Opinions

Mary Fernandez trillian551 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 25 00:46:37 UTC 2010

Hey Chelsea,
>From both a student and Resident Advisor point of view, it really
depends on you. I had a roommate my Freshmen year, and it worked out
just fine. I now have my own room, which is one of the perks of
working for residence life, and I absolutely love it. If you do decide
to have a roommate, just make sure you guys talk about your personal
preferences. At Emory wwe have students fill out roommate agreements,
where residents just write down times they would like to go to sleep,
room temperature and such. You'd be surprised the things that come up
when two strangers are thrown together. My roommate  was totally cool
with my books and everything, just make sure you keep your stuff to
your side of the room. A great place to store bulky braille books is
under your bed. If you're school has some kind of special rooming,
just don't take it, especially if they store you in some remote area
of your hall Like Arielle said, keeping an opened door policy is a
great way to make friends, and please go to your hall programs, you're
R.A will love you for it! A lot of times you get free food too! I love
free food! Ok, going back to my stats studying, but good luck, and
have fun!
Mary

>>> nabs.president at gmail.com
>>> Website: