[nabs-l] Nabs conference call: Philosiphy 101

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 25 02:28:50 UTC 2010

George,
Federation philosophy is described in much of the nfb literature,
particularly Jernigan's speeches.
What nfb philosophy means is put into words and practice in many Braille
Monitor articles.
One key saying of the philosophy is "the real problem of blindness is not
the lack of eye sight but the attitudes and misconceptions.  With proper
training the average blind person can compete in the average job and perform
as well as his or her sighted peers."

Ashley