[nabs-l] Seeking alternative techniques for working with problems with couples?

Gerardo Corripio gera1027 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 01:54:59 UTC 2010

Hi listers, especially psychologists or who are studying in the field:
Unfortunately in university because I didn't have blind psychologist role
models to look up or ask questions I wasn't orientated right in my course of
studies thus my question. Any ideas of what alternative techniques or if
it's possible to work with couples facing problems? Due to the amount of
visual info required to see how their communication is and other factors
what alternative techniques do you guy use? Can we blind psychologist work
with family therapy or problems with husband and wife? Hope I made myself
understood; I have the idea but don't know if I expressed it right. I
sometimes have the feeling that my mother especially thinks my teachers
passed me because of my blindness because she has the exptectations that as
a psychologist I should have all the answers and know everything! Has this
happened to you guys also? We're also human bings and have our problems and
emotions and feelings!
Any ideas aprreciated or experiences.
Gerardo