[nabs-l] Seeking alternative techniques for working with problems with couples?

Beth thebluesisloose at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 05:23:32 UTC 2010

I"d like to do social work, so counseling is required of me in entry
level casework.  For one thing, BSW social workers don't have to
diagnose and treat, but I think I don't want to do MSW work.  Who
knows though?  I'd like to start out by working withbattered women,
but that could be hard as a husband might be hard to communicate with
at some times.  What if there's a big underlying mental disorder the
husband has?  What if there's a drinking problem?  Looking at a
client's medical history is one thing, but all records have to be
scanned and not kept in print only.  If people would understand that
much, I think I could be a more effective social worker.
Beth