[nabs-l] BrailleNote Apex--Braille keyboard v. computer keyboard

Serena serenacucco at verizon.net
Wed Apr 28 19:40:45 UTC 2010

Hey nabsters,

I'm thinking of getting a BraileNote Apex, the latest in the BN family.  I'm thinking about the pros and cons of using a Braille style keyboard and those of using a computer style keyboard.  Besides simply being used to the keyboard you have now, have you found any pros and/or cons to using either keyboard?  One con of using a computer keyboard might be getting out of the habit of writing grade 2 Braille.  (Don't worry ... I'll still remember my Nemeth Code when taking Statistics in the next year or two!)  Does this really matter in such a computer-based society?

Thanks,
Serena