[nabs-l] Knowing your Books in Advance

Anita Adkins aadkins7 at verizon.net
Sun Aug 1 23:22:47 UTC 2010

Hello,

Thanks for the info.  I do happen to know the titles/authors, etc. to most
of my textbooks for the upcoming semester.  I have been researching online
to see if the books are available in an ebook format, and I discovered that
at least one of them is.  My concern is that the book, even if I obtain the
online version, will not be accessible to me.  Acording to the website I
explored, it claims that books may not be accessible and to contact the
publisher, but that it was working toward making the books accessible.
Also, it did not mention that the books would be inaccessible to any
specific disability group, such as blindness.  I am emailing to see if
anyone on this list has experience with ebooks that are textbooks, and if
so, were you able to access or obtain JAWS scripts to allow you to access
the book.  Thank you.  Just FYI, the link I discovered is:
"Find your college textbook at low prices | CourseSmart"
http://www.coursesmart.com/search
Anita Adkins