[nabs-l] difficulties with German class in the fall

Julie McGinnity kaybaycar at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 22:18:02 UTC 2010

Hi everyone.

My name is Julie.  I am going into my second year of college.  I am
currently a double major in vocal performance and German.  In the fall
I will be taking a German culture class about Berlin.  This class is
about the history and culture of Berlin.  We will be reading several
novels, and the professor has emailed me to tell me that visual
material (movies with english or German subtitles, pictures, art work,
and arcatecture) are going to be a big part of the class.  I'm not
exactly sure what kind of accomidations I should ask for in this
class.
I am an auditory learner, but movies in German classes have always
been difficult for me to folow.  She suggested giving me a copy of the
movie to watch on my own time instead of in class, but I'm not sure
how that would help.

As for the various kinds of art work and photo material, I really
don't know.  If we are doing something about arcatecture, I'll just
ask if I can read about it instead of looking at it, but beyond that,
Ihave no clue.  Makes me wonder how I've survived until now.  Lol!

Julie McG
 Lindbergh High School class of 2009, participating member in Opera
Theater's Artist in Training Program, and proud graduate of Guiding
Eyes for the Blind

life."
John 3:16