[nabs-l] Author Wendy David on CRIS Radio's The Beacon this Sunday

Tony Grima agrima at nbp.org
Fri Aug 13 14:20:51 UTC 2010

Hello - here's an announcement from National Braille Press about one of
our authors.
-Tony Grima, NBP

Wendy David, author of "Sites Unseen: Traveling the World Without
Sight," will be featured on Chicago Lighthouse's radio show "The Beacon"
this weekend. Wendy will discuss her book and the world of travel.

"The Beacon" airs Sunday, August 15 at 4pm Central Time on CRIS Radio.
To stream, go to:
www.chicagosprogressivetalk.com

or download from the Chicago Lighthouse after air-date at:
www.chicagolighthouse.org

"Every time I leave on another trip," says David, "blind friends and
acquaintances pepper me with questions: 'How do you get around countries
with no public transportation? How do you deal with different types and
sizes of currency? How do you travel overseas with a guide dog? Who
describes the unique sights to you?'"

In "Sites Unseen," David helps you decide where to go, when to go, how
best to get there, how to find accessible travel websites and social
networks; gives tips for navigating busy airports, sleeping overnight on
trains, enjoying today's more comfortable bus lines, selecting a
theme-based cruise, using accessible GPS, and more. "There are so many
resources out there," says David. "People just don't know about them."

With this book, you can travel the world with confidence.

Available in braille, eBraille, accessible PDF, and DAISY
(text-to-speech audio).

Note: The PDF version of this book is fully accessible and
hyperlink-enabled. This is our "green" alternative to offering a print
version of the book. You can purchase this and print it out, or read it
on your computer.

You can order "Sites Unseen" (for $19.95) from National Braille Press
at:
http://www.nbp.org/ic/nbp/TRAVEL.html

******
To order any books, send payment to:
NBP, 88 St. Stephen Street, Boston, MA 02115-4302
Or call and charge it: toll-free (800) 548-7323 or (617) 266-6160 ext
20. Or order any of our books online at
http://www.nbp.org/ic/nbp/publications/index.html .