[nabs-l] Blind man sues Wienerschnitzel over run-in with tree

Jedi loneblindjedi at samobile.net
Sat Aug 14 01:30:56 UTC 2010

The tree could be an annoying obstacle for anyone, particularly tall
people. And yes, it is true that tall blind people who don't use guide
dogs or some sort of hand guide device/echolocation are going to miss
those overhead branches. However, suing could set a bad precedent as it
would reaify the notion that obstacles of any kind are hazardous to
blind people because we are blind; the public may take this incident
and generalize it to all obstacles whether they're really an
inconvenience to one/all of us or not.

Respectfully,
Jedi