[nabs-l] Blind man sues Wienerschnitzel over run-in with tree

sarah.jevnikar at utoronto.ca sarah.jevnikar at utoronto.ca
Sat Aug 14 02:01:51 UTC 2010

It seems unreallistic that someone should have to have their arm out
all the time in a defensive position. On the other hahand, if the tree
branch was large enough to knock a grown man over, could it not be
argued that he shoulda have perceived the tree through object
perception? Unless he had a hearing impairment? Then again, couldn't
this tree be a hazard for anyone?
It seems to set a dangerous precedent all round though. There's got to
be a better way.