[nabs-l] Bookshare Plug

Joe Orozco jsorozco at gmail.com
Sat Aug 14 21:11:48 UTC 2010

Dear all,

A couple months ago I inquired about Bookshare and whether it or not it was
a good service worth fifty bucks to resubscribe.  My main concern was not so
much the money as much the quality of the Braille.  I've now been using the
site for a little over a month, and I must say Bookshare's come a long way.
I've found books I never thought they would carry, and the quality of the
Braille is very, very satisfactory.  I can count the number of times I've
encountered errors in the text.  I mostly resubscribed to enjoy books on a
Braille notetaker, but it's excellent to be able to read using JAWS using FS
Reader on my PC.  Anyway, I don't gain anything from promoting Bookshare,
but I like making recommendations if I can personally testify to the
excellence of the service.

Best,

Joe